Usually my Sundays are lazy days with the kids. But today I’ve been redoing my counter tops in the kitchen. Me. All by myself…with no help from anyone, and I’m doing a fantastic job…if I do say so myself. I’m actually gloating right now; I’m just so happy. I keep looking at my bar with amazement, and I cannot wait to get started on the rest of the kitchen (now that I know I can do it) this evening.
Now because we use the kitchen so often, it’s going to take a little longer to complete this project. But that’s okay. I started on the bar last night, since it’s not used as often as the rest of the kitchen, and just finished the last step (step 5) a few minutes ago. In about 12 hours my bar will be usable, but…it won’t be completely cured for another 12 days. It’s a lengthy project, but so worth it and I’m loving the experience.
Here’s a preview of what the rest of my kitchen will look like when it’s all complete (this is just the beginning, but I couldn’t wait to share, with you, what I did today):
After doing this project myself, and seeing just how easy it is to do, I would totally recommend this to anyone looking to improve their counter tops (whether kitchen or bathroom (or other)). It truly is a purchase that will not only improve the looks of your counters, but will save you a lot of money in the long run.
The product kits are remarkable and have everything you need to go from “laminate to granite’” in no time flat.
Giani Granite offers granite paint for countertops at an affordable price (+ shipping).
I know there are probably those who feel a little intimidated by the choices to make and/or the project itself, so if you’re not sure what to buy, or how to complete a product—don’t fret—they have everything you need in order to get the job done. There’s detailed ‘how-to’ videos on their website (as well as in each kit ordered). They also have testimonials, an FAQ page, a beautiful photo gallery, and much more. I promise, once you see what you can do to your countertops, and see just how easy it is to do yourself, you’ll want to do it.
I chose Sicilian Sand because it looked like the best fit for my kitchen. Turns out I hit the nail right on the head with this choice too. It looks beautiful up against the Italian tiles on the backsplash.
- Unique blend of polymers and minerals create a countertop that locks out moisture – while showing off the beautiful Sicilian granite of southern Italy!
- Great for upgrading Formica*laminate, Corian*ceramic tile, butcher block, cultured marble and traditional granite countertops and vanities
- Covers 35 square feet or 16 running feet of standard 24″ wide counters
- Quick, fun and easy ‘paint-by-number’ process for beginning painters
- Project time – 4 hours of painting and 16 hours of drying
- Water-based safe and low odor
- Hides any existing stains, scratches or burns
- Granite color is adjustable to your decor
- Durable automotive grade clear polyurethane topcoat
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Complete Kit -
-12 Oz. of IronCoreTM Primer-Base Coat
– 6 Oz. of Brown Feldspar Mineral
– 6 Oz. of Inca Gold Mineral
– 6 Oz. of White Limestone Mineral
– 16 Oz. of Automotive Polyurethane Topcoat
– 6″ GIANITM roller arm and two roller pads
– 4″ GIANITM granite paint sponge
– 2″ Foam Brush
– Black Practice Poster Board
- ‘Paint-by-Number’ DVD for beginners
– Illustrated Instructions
ARP: $69.95 per kit.
There are so many other kits to choose from. You’ll just have to visit the site, check out the products and see what best fits your home. I’m telling you though—I’m thoroughly impressed with the results. I’m happy with how it’s improved the look (and life) of my countertops, and I can’t wait to have guests over; to see the new look.
In the end—I am so happy with the Sicilian Sand Granite Kit I received. I love the satisfaction I’m getting, when looking at the bar; knowing I did it myself. And it looks so good!
What do you think of my countertop? Would you do a project like this?
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.