We were unable to watch The Lorax when it hit theaters sometime back but Oh! My! Gosh! We finally watched it a few days ago and it is awesome. Patience, Piper and I are still talking about it.
There were so many cute & funny characters in this movie. The three dancin’ -n- singin’ fish…now those guys were awesome. The biggest bear – he was pretty comical, but Pip Squeak – the littlest and cutest of the fuzzy bears, with a head bigger than his body – he was the cutest ever!!! the girls couldn’t stop cooing over that little guy.
There wasn’t a single scene in this movie we didn’t love, but then again…
Before the movie was released in theaters – when I heard that the team creating this movie was the same team that created Despicable Me, Hop, & Horton Hears a Who – I knew it was going to be a great one. I couldn’t wait to see it then, and now that I have a copy of it, I can’t wait to see it again.
If you haven’t seen this movie yet, make sure to buy your copy when it hits shelves on August 7th.
Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
Release Date: August 7, 2012
SRP: Depending on Combo Pack / it varies
Runtime: 1 hour 27 minutes
Copyright: 2012 Universal Studios
Synopsis: The imaginative world of Dr. Seuss comes to life like never before in this visually spectacular adventure from the creators of Despicable Me! Twelve-year-old Ted will do anything to find a real live Truffula Tree in order to impress the girl of his dreams. As he embarks on his journey, Ted discovers the incredible story of the Lorax, a grumpy but charming creature who speaks for the trees. Featuring the voice talents of Danny DeVito, Ed Helms, Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, Rob Riggle, Jenny Slate and Betty White, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax is filled with hilarious fun for everyone!
******************** Combo Pack Exclusives **********************
Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax Combo Packs contain a Blu-ray™, DVD and a Digital Copy of the film compatible with iTunes®, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod™, Android (or select online retailers), as well as UltraViolet™. UltraViolet™ is the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows in the cloud to instantly stream and download to computers, tablets and smart phones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice.
- Serenade — Two Bar-ba-loots — one love shy and the other suave and confident — battle for the heart of their would-be sweetheart with the help of a colorful cast of characters, including the Humming-Fish and Swomme-Swans.
- Wagon-Ho— Two Bar-ba-loots take The Once-ler’s wagon on a ride they won’t soon forget.
- Forces of Nature— Determined to scare The Once-ler out of Truffula Valley, The Lorax decides to create the illusion of ominous forces of nature.
MAKING OF THE MINI MOVIES— Go behind the scenes at Illumination Mac Guff to see the joys and challenges of continuing the characters’ stories in the dynamic format of the mini movie.
~ DELETED SCENE
~ SEUSS TO SCREEN—A fascinating look into the translation of Seuss’ iconic style from book into the big feature film canvas.
~SEUSS IT UP!— A great tutorial on how to draw the Lorax, a Humming-Fish and a Bar-ba-loot in the unique Seuss style.
~ TRUFFULA RUN—The player moves left and right to avoid obstacles while attempting to pick up berries with modes for easy, medium and hard. As difficulty increases, the player will have more obstacles to avoid.
~ “LET IT GROW” SING ALONG— Karaoke-style sing along to the end credit version of Let It Grow.
~ FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH CO-DIRECTORS CHRIS RENAUD & KYLE BALDA
~ ONCE-LER’S WAGON— While the Once-ler is away peddling his wares, the curious forest creatures have fun with his belongings. Users can select an item for the creatures to mimic or play with and then watch the adorable antics of all the forest friends.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVELY ON THE BLU-RAY:
~ GET OUT OF TOWN— In this game, the player must help Ted navigate through town on his scooter in order to make it to the Lerkim and meet the Once-ler. At the end of each level, Ted must solve an obstacle puzzle to advance to the next section. There are three levels and three puzzles to complete to win the game.
~ O’HARE TV— Watch the Lorax with hilarious commercial interruptions courtesy of O’Hare TV.
~ EXPEDITION TO TRUFFULA VALLEY— Explore and navigate within the Truffula Valley to learn more about how the characters and creatures come to life.
ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIVE COMBO PACK FEATURES
~ ULTRAVIOLET™—The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and download and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smart phones. Currently available in the United States only.
~ DIGITAL COPY—Viewerscan redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
~ uHEAR™: Never miss another line of dialogue with this innovative feature that instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray™ disc and turns on the subtitles to highlight what you missed.
~ pocket BLU™ APP—The popular free pocket BLU™ app for smart phones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad®, Android™ tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.
- ~ Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- ~ Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- ~ Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- ~ Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- ~ Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
Disclosure: I was provided with this movie for the purpose of my review. This was not a paid post nor did receiving product influence my thoughts…all of which are always my own.